Welcome to Lone Star Lit Light!
As we go into the second half of 2020, Lone Star Literary Life is making some changes. Starting in July, the first and third Sundays of each month will feature Lone Star Lit Light, a pared-down version of our full issues that will allow readers—and LSLL—to catch up with the Texas bookish world and catch our collective breath.
Each Lone Star Lit Light issue will include the new Weekly Go! Calendar of Events, current and upcoming book-blog tours, and any extended special features (like the Kids’ Summer Reads, the Holiday Gift Guide, and—COVID 19 willing—Texas Bookish Destinations 2021). In our newsletter, we’ll also have an “In Case You Missed It” section pointing back to one of our recent, most popular articles. Coming soon, Lone Star Lit Light will include exclusive, newsletter-only spotlights on bookish people and places from around the Great State.
Not to worry: we’re not cutting back on any of our bookish content. The second and fourth Sundays of every month, our new issues will be beefier than ever and will include the features you love:
- Book Reviews via Lone Star Reviews and Lone Star Indie Reviews
- Texas Books Preview of the month’s forthcoming Texas-connected books
- Lone Star Excerpts from the latest new releases or forthcoming titles
- Lone Star Listens interviews with Texas authors, publishers, and bookish movers and shakers
- Texas Talks podcast and video conversations with authors, publishers, and industry experts
- Texas Reads Roundups of Texas authored romance, mystery, and books for young readers
- Texas Writes with tips for writers and authors to improve their craft
- Lone Star Book Blog Tours & weekly giveaways
- News Briefs of all the latest bookish news
- Weekly GO! Calendar of Events, your ONLY statewide calendar of bookish goings-on (and online) in Texas
What about those months with a fifth weekend, you ask? We’re not quite ready to show our hand with specifics, but you can expect special-focus issues those months.
Lone Star Literary Life has been THE source for all things bookish-Texas since 2015, and through it all, we continue to provide everything at no cost to our wonderful readers. Thanks for being along for the ride.